Kody and the Smurfs

Where we post shenanigans that have happened
Post Reply
Naomi
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:45 pm
Location: Uranus

Kody and the Smurfs

Post by Naomi »

[12:20] (@Navaruk-ooc) okay... Kody is out for a late evening jog, near twilight... and along his way he finds a hunter's blind... some distance off the ground... His instincts seem to sharply go on edge as he sees this..
[12:25] (+Kody) Kody slows down when he spots the blind ahead. As it happens, he's already in homid tonight. He runs for a while, he walks for a while -- the exercise itself isn't as important as the muscle he's trying to build in his knee. But he's halfway through wiping sweat off his face when he spots this in the distance. He can feel the hair rise on the back of his neck. What the hell.... He keeps walking now, but a little
[12:25] (+Kody) slower. "Anyone up there?!" he calls. Because he doesn't necessarily have any reason to be afraid, exactly. Maybe if someone is up there, being friendly will help.
[12:29] (@Navaruk-ooc) ** Kody as he approaches the blind sees... whatever is in there seeming to hesetate... it might, in a way be a hunter, it was a human-esque shape... but... the skin of the beings in the blind were a very dark blue color, almost completely ink-black... there seems to be a bit of whipered discussion, not that Kody can make out, as he approaches.
[12:34] *(+) RaeH is out and about tonight. flying through the forest below the canopy. it's a time to think and reflect. make choices and plan for the up comming nights. her grey form and silent flight making her almost a ghost in the darkness
[12:39] (+Kody) Kody waves and grins. "Hi! How's it going?!" He calls up. "You guys alright? You're looking kinda, uh. Blue."
[12:42] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "We're fine... We're fine... Who are you?"
[12:46] (+Kody) Kody grins a little, looking up. "Oh, hell. I'm one of the locals. Living around here. You know. Going for a walk. You guys sure you don't need some help?"
[12:48] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> there is a pause, some more whispering, followed by "No, we're good." though, you are not convinced of this fact, one would suspect.
[12:49] (+Kody) "You guys from the McNally fahm? Down the way?" So very Boston. "You hunting? Not really the season fah it, but if ya hungry, people do what they gotta do."
[12:51] *(+) RaeH didn't so much fly straight as flitter from branch to branch. tree to tree. moving through the slowly darkening woods. was she hunting? who knew
[12:53] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "Could you, maybe, not tell anyone?" there was a bit more hushed debate before things seemed to settle down and wait for a responce.
[12:59] (+Kody) "Oh yeah, sure. I'm not going to call the cops or anything on ya. But if you're hungry, I can help ya get food."
[13:00] (+Kody) Kody tries to smile and of course he's hoping that having a great voice is going to help
[13:29] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "What kinda fo---oof." *thump* <??> "We'll make due, we're not looking for a handout."
[13:45] (+Kody) "It's not a hand out if you're hungry. It's just food!" He looks up at them again. "HOw many of you guys are up there, anyway?"
[13:47] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "Whe-ack" *thump* <??> "Not many, don't mind us."
[13:49] (+Kody) "Is everyone alright? You don't have to hit anyone." He's looking and sounding progressively more concerned. "How many is not many?"
[13:50] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "42." *sigh* <??> "Listen, could you just go, please?"
[13:51] *(+) RaeH eventually hears voices and starts to move that direction. curious as to who was in the woods tonight
[13:52] (+Kody) "No shit -- 42 of you up there?! How big are you?" Kody pauses. "... are you Fae?"
[13:52] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "Um... sure. Will you go then?"
[13:54] (+Connie) <tb> had been hovering around rae rae. She was trying to get used to flying around... in ball form....
[13:55] (+Kody) "Oh, no. I probably shouldn't -- I mean. If you're fae. I have to bring you gifts!"
[13:55] *(+) Kody kinda doubts they're fae, since they didn't ask for gifts to begin with
[13:57] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "Really?! Co--ow." *thunk* <??> "We will take you going away and not talking about this as gift enough.. Just, please."
[13:58] *(+) RaeH flits to a nearby tree branch. seeing Kody below, but stays silent and tilts her head to the side. trying to determine what is going on. i mean a hutning blind in the woods is.. normal?
[13:59] (+Kody) "Are you sure? Fae don't usually say... please." He's looking up at them. He starts circling the tree a bit. Just circling. "But you guys do seem pretty polite. If you're not Fae, who are you?"
[14:02] (+Kody) "Me, see. I'm a song writer. I like to sing, too. You can probably guess." Because that enchanting voice is pleasant to hear. He starts unloading some of his pockets. Water, a pack of salt, a book of matches. As he walks, he sort of pushes away any detritus. Leaves. Bits of sticks. Just neatening up a little.
[14:04] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "We're Sha--ack!" *thunk* <??> "We're nothing important, really, just... please go?" <??> "Songs are ni--" *thunk* <??> "It was nice meeting you, but are you really going to camp here too?"
[14:05] (+Kody) "I was thinking of singing you guys a few songs! Since there are so many of you up there. Ya know? Not often I got a crowd to listen to me. What did you say you are?" He neatens up a bit more, and uses his heel to make a line in the dirt. "How long you guys been up there?"
[14:07] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "Sh--" *thwack* <??> "I said we are nothing important, and don't like music."
[14:08] *(+) RaeH simply watches for now. curious how this is going to play out. though she does try to spot the people in the blind considering them
[14:09] (+Kody) "I don't recall you saying you don't like music, but okay. Wow. 42 of of you guys up there? Are you sure the hunting blind is safe with that many? Maybe you should come down here." Said a little uncertainly.
[14:12] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "We are completely unimportant and really small, and we like it up here... will you just go?" <??> "Are you sure, your leg is starting to get a cr--ack" *thump* <??> yes, I am sure we are fine."
[14:19] (+Kody) "You gotta stop hitting your people." Kody frowns some. He reaches into his boot for a tight wrapped wad of cotton balls. One of the bigger sticks he was going to toss, he wraps some cotton around the end. Just a little. All while circling. Slowly circling. Looking up. "See, I live around here. I take walks. I don't think you're a neighbor. If I walk away without learning more, well. That's just not
[14:19] (+Kody) right, now is it? What if you hurt one of those people who -are- my neighbors? Nah. I can't do that."
[14:44] *(+) RaeH tries to reach Kody with telepathy. he feels a light, familiar tap on his brain
[14:44] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "What if we want to be your neighbors? Join the neighborhood watch... um... from here?"
[14:45] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> *sigh*
[14:46] (+Kody) Kody pauses, taking a half step back. He stops circling the tree and stands there. "Wow. You would do that?" He says it aloud, and only then does he let Rae into his mind. He's trying to stay fairly focused on these guys in the tree.
[14:47] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "Why of course we would.." <??> "Yeah, we'll watch the neigborhood, from up here. So we're cool then?"
[14:49] (+Kody) "Well. You know. I'd need to get more information to let the other neighbors know. Ya name. What hours you can watch. Ya know. So I can let the others know not to worry if we see ya up here. Watchin'."
[14:51] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "Paperwork? Really? Oh man..." <??> "We'll, um, fill it out later, okay? Do you know the mailing adress we send this to?"
[14:52] *(+) RaeH keeps watching. talking to Kody with her telepathy, but still waiting
[14:55] (+Kody) "Yeah. 1313 Mockingbird Lane. Uh. Brunswicke. Fuck, I forgot the zip code. Hey, what kind of music do you guys like? And do you like beer? If you're joining the neighborhood watch, we should get together!"
[14:57] (+Kody) "We could drink some beer and. uh. Listen to some music." Circling. He uses the water now, sprinkling the inside of the circle, and tracing the line.
[14:59] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "Do you know any Jonny Ca--oww" *thwack* <??> "Is the music really necesairy?"
[15:01] (+Kody) "Yeah, I know Johnny Cash. What's your favorite? And don't hit the poor guy. Music's not so bad. What about the beer? I gotta say, I'm really glad to have some new neighbors. You guys got a name I can call ya?" Kody's putting a lot of effort into sounding friendly and stupid as he circles, keeping his eyes on them, too. He can sprinkle water without looking at it.
[15:03] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "With you circling I just keep thinking o---" <??> "Yes, what are you doing that for?"
[15:04] (+Kody) "Because you said there was 42 of you up there, and that's a lot of people! I wanted to see how you did it or if some of you was clowns. Is it that trick, where they all sit on each other to fit in a car?"
[15:11] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "This is not a car.."
[15:15] *(@) Trygaeus drives up to where Aridia is, haltingly, in Heim's gator.. wearing doggles, a bandana, and a demo-satchel motions with paw for her to get in back with the BAR pintle mount
[15:16] *(@) Aridia clambers into the gator and when eh starts to dive off she pops a couple gingercaps then familiarizes herself wiht th egun as she is careful as well to have new new enchanted sword wiht her as well
[15:17] *(@) Trygaeus carefully feels about *lurch* *start* *stop* *VRRROOOOM* and floors it careening across the bawn, throwing rooster tails of dirt and mud from the recent rain shower.. and off they go
[15:18] (+Kody) "Exactly. A lot more impressive than a car." Kody pulls out his flash of whiskey for a final circle around the tree.
[15:19] (+Kody) "I'm glad you guys are moving into the area. Did you know this is the territory for the extremely rare dancing owl? You have to watch close but you might see it dancing. In the sky. You guys aren't here to poach the owl, right?"
[15:21] *(+) RaeH was on a tree branch, but starts to hoot and strut on the branch. she was fairly close. doing a weird kind of owl dance.. this is maybe more entertaining than it might be. hell.. why not
[15:22] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "Owl? As in from Redwa... ack" <??> "Will you stop that... and we are not here to Tick Tock or whatever."
[15:24] (@Dragon) <~Flint Orson~> goes to meet Try. Sneaks-sneak-sneak
[15:25] *(@) Trygaeus gives Flint the detcord and hopefully they park the gator in a location unseen by the smurfs but still with a line of fire on them.
[15:25] *(+) RaeH does in fact HOOT.. rather loudly, in a kind of.. is the owl singing a human song? Maybe?.. strut strut. nick thrust. tail waggle, flap those wings..
[15:25] (+RaeH) ((neck not nick
[15:26] *(+) Kody is making a line in the dead leaves with the alcohol from his flask. And then he soaks the cotton covered end of his stick with it, too. "This rare dancing owl. It's looking for a mate."
[15:28] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "Look at that, the owl is dancing!" *sigh* <??> "Oh dear god.."
[15:28] (+Kody) "It's a very lonely owl. The only one of it's kind. They say if you see it dancing, it's good luck!"
[15:30] *(+) RaeH makes sure to waggle the tail more at them, kind of giving an over the shoulder come hither look, her wings somehow wrapped around in a way that suggests a wrap of some sort. winks one eye at them
[15:34] (+Kody) Kody looks up at the tree. "Hey, I'll go get us some beer, okay? I'll be back in a few minutes."
[15:35] *(+) Kody starts to head down the path. And into the trees.
[15:35] *(+) RaeH waits for a bit. does a few more menuvers. then takes wing, heading out of the immediate area
[15:36] *(@) Trygaeus bellycrawls along in the leaves to get closer to the tree
[15:36] *(@) Trygaeus hunkers down in the leaf litter and covers ears with paws
[15:37] (@Navaruk-ooc) ** they watch and then seem unnaturaly eager to try to file out of this clusterfuck.... four of the 'Smurfs' start to file out... slowly..
[15:37] *(@) Trygaeus takes a breath <ssqueeaaaaaafrrrrrrrt> an unholy cloud of magical funk rises up from the ground.. it literally makes one's very soul want to vomit
[15:38] (@Navaruk-ooc) <??> "Oh god it's the Skunk-one" <??> "I hate you so much.."
[15:44] *(@) Aridia takes aim from where she was conceled in the brush on the gator. when the smurfs show up she ggets and itchy trigger finger then when try lets loose and they comment on the stench she fires at the smurfs and giggles.
[15:45] (@Dragon) <~Flint Orson~> drops the tree. <BOOM>
[15:47] *(@) Trygaeus quickly rage shifts to crinos on the ground
[15:50] *(+) RaeH doesn't go.. super far, just enough to make sure she's out of range of farts and kabooms, then circles round to see what's going down.. besides the tree
[15:51] (+Connie) <tb> records everything then floats on...following the owl silently
[15:53] (@Navaruk-ooc) ** and the tree explodes the smurf die, and the day is saved... and now for our double feature...
[15:54] *(@) Trygaeus sadly drags some of the wreckage away after pulling a jagged splinter out of his eye "... Try want parrot and cookies for this.."
[15:55] (@Dragon) <~Flint Orson~> "Cookies. Cookies for you."
[15:55] *(+) RaeH will come back and once they've cleaned up the mess.. she'll help with what she can. and will literally plant a seed and help it grow. the seed quickly becoming a full grown tree in a few minutes
Post Reply